We are currently looking for an Associate Director of Pediatric Dentistry for our Children’s Village and Lincoln Avenue Medical-Dental Clinic locations in Yakima, WA.
At Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, we believe we are more than a job. As an FQHC, we are a patient-centered medical home dedicated to serving our communities. Taking care of a patient’s health means caring for them with compassion. We treat our patients the way they want to be treated, regardless of where they live, where they are from, or what they can pay. Our doors are open to all, regardless of their citizenship status.
Yakima County is the fruit basket of Washington and offers livelihood to many families with the abundance of its harvest. The harvest includes the nation’s leading export in hops and exports in apples, grapes, cherries, and asparagus. The Yakima Valley is also home to many breweries, wineries, and cider houses. The abundance of agriculture contributes to the livelihood of our migrant farmworkers, warehouse workers, transportation industry, food industry, sustainability in farm-to-table programs, and more. Healthy communities are needed to produce these services. In addition, Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is dedicated to ensuring we are available to keep our communities healthy, educated, and informed of our services.
Our neighborhood centers offer affordable, high-quality care for families - their kids and grandparents. We help when they’re hurting – and even when they’re not. Whether they’re about to be a mom for the first time, trying to soothe their 6-year-old’s toothache, helping their homebound grandmother get her medicine, or deciding the best foods to feed their family. We can even help when they’re looking for work or trying to keep their home warm in the wintertime. We’re here for our communities.
All in one place.
We are who we are because of our migrant farmworkers. These short clips share a glimpse of our dedication to our communities, our health, and our families:
If you are a Pediatric Dentist dedicated to serving underserved patient populations, a competitive salary, and an exceptional and fulfilling quality of life, consider joining the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic family.
We are a Patient-Centered Medical Home passionate about providing high-quality and comprehensive care. Our team-based approach to patient care means you are part of a care team passionate about working in community health. You will have the chance to develop and cultivate patient relationships by managing your patient panel.
We have an opportunity for a Pediatric Dentist at our Children’s Village Clinic and Lincoln Avenue Medical-Dental Clinic located in Yakima, WA
Who we are looking for:
· A pediatric dentist passionate about community health and dentistry.
· A healthcare professional committed to working with underserved patient populations.
· May serve as Pediatric Dental Residency Faculty including clinical and didactic instruction, resident classes review, mentoring residents, supervising resident research, and evaluating residents.
· Serves as “Affiliate in Practice” faculty and mentors assigned dental students with two to four week rotations.
· Collaborates with local Dental Leadership to monitor activities of the assigned visiting Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) Dental Assistants.
· Acts as liaison between the CDO, Clinic Director, and Dental Clinic staff. Informs the CDO of relevant professional and technical issues in the clinics.
Supervises and evaluates the Hygienist’s clinical performance.
Ensures Quality Assurance (QA) evaluations and reports are completed in a timely manner.
Serves on the clinic’s Dental Leadership Team. Leads the implementation and execution of the strategies and goals developed by the Dental Leadership Team.
Collaborates with Clinic Director to set expectations for dental staff, resolve issues, and enact measures to improve the dental clinic’s productivity, efficiency, and quality
· Working with a collaborative group including dentists, dental assistants, dental hygienists, and our pediatric dental residents.
· Working with pediatric patients
· In-office procedures include exams and preventative procedures.
· EMR system is EPIC
· 270k annual compensation
· 30k hiring bonus
· 20k relocation bonus
· NHSC and WSAC student loan repayment eligible
· Malpractice insurance coverage (no tail coverage policy needed)
· Medical, dental, vision benefits at no out-of-pocket cost to employees.
· Great personal leave time.
· 8 holidays per year.
· $2,000 annual CE allowance with 5 days (40 hours) of CE time.
· Profit-sharing plan 401a.
· 2 retirement plans -403b and 457b.
· Automatic life insurance policy.
· Employee assistance program.
The successful candidate must have a D.D.S. /D.M.D. or foreign equivalent, and completion of a CODA-accredited advanced education program in Pediatric Dentistry with current standing as a diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry; and ability to practice dentistry in the State of Washington. In addition, the candidate is expected to obtain a State of Washington permit to administer moderate sedation or moderate sedation with parenteral agents by the start date.
Where we are located:
Joining YVFWC means you will benefit from living in the Pacific Northwest, where you can enjoy spectacular wilderness areas and crystal-clear lakes and rivers. You can enjoy fine Northwest wines and a stunning selection of fruits and vegetables. You will also be within an easy drive to a growing metropolitan area, offering fine dining and shopping, theatres, museums, and elite universities.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic has changed since we first opened in 1973. We’ve grown into one of the largest community health centers in the Northwest, with over 40 clinics in 18 communities across Washington and Oregon. But we haven’t forgotten the most important reason we’re here: you.
At Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic:
· We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
· We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
· We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
· We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
· We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
· We will let joy in.
· We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Interested? Apply using the link below!