Headquartered in Brescia, Italy, Univet is a vertically integrated, vibrant, and modern company specializing in the design and manufacturing of magnification systems for the surgical and dental operative sectors. In addition, Univet specializes in industrial, medical, and laser safety eyewear. Safety, precision, and premium quality are the results of strict Made in Italy standards. Univet is innovative, up to date, internationally recognized as a premium leader in its fields, and in constant double-digit year-over-year growth.
As part of Univet's global expansion initiative, we have an immediate need to fill the Business Development Specialist position for the Surgical Loupes and Illumination Systems Division to strengthen Univet’s presence in the US university, private practice, and government sales channels.
We are looking for a motivated, energetic, and committed sales representative with a proven track record of equipment sales to manage and grow revenue in our country’s top universities, teaching hospitals, and private practices as we continue our expansion into the US market
The Univet Business Development Specialist will be responsible for the professional selling of specialized/customized surgical loupes and illumination systems directly to dentists, surgeons, hygienists, and others in operative fields in the university and private practice business channels. The majority of your time will be spent developing and generating revenue in teaching hospitals, dental and hygiene universities, and various private practice sales channels.
The Business Development Specialist will also conduct educational product presentations to department heads and medium-to-large-sized groups of surgeons, dentists, and hygienists, with the goal of bringing awareness to the benefits of using custom-made Italian magnification for operative surgery. Secondary call points will include government dental clinics, veterinarians, industry trade shows, and other industries that use operative magnification.
Base salary plus uncapped commission geared towards new business development.
• Make effective clinical presentations and obtain sales orders from the aforementioned call points.
• Effective territory mapping to identify areas with larger concentrations of dental offices and revenue potential.
• Develop strategic plans to increase territory revenue. Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills are required to effectively manage productivity within the assigned territory.
• Develop and strengthen relationships with key opinion leaders in the assigned territory. One of the key objectives of Univet is to create a high level of awareness through effective field coverage in order to increase the number of dentists adopting the use of surgical loupes and illumination systems.
• Maintain the database of existing customers and find creative ways of staying in contact with them. These contacts are extremely helpful in generating strong and qualified referrals.
• Complete ownership of sales quota for the assigned territory, consistent with the goals of both the company and region as outlined in the yearly business plan.
• Ensure high level of customer service and provide on-site customer assistance to current customers when called upon.
• Proper maintenance of customer files and records.
• Staff national and regional tradeshows as required, which may involve travel or attendance on the weekends or during statutory holidays.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Capabilities, Qualifications:
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with customers and experience in resolving conflict through problem solving.
• Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work independently.
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations.
• Ability to present to large groups with confidence.
• Ability to operate motor vehicle daily.
• Ability to read, analyze, and complete corporate forms and government documents.
• Outside sales experience selling a premium product, with a proven track record of success and providing effective and instant solutions to customers.
• Proven track record of capitalizing on the opportunity in a short sales cycle and a passion for demonstrating technical products, with the ability to operate under minimal supervision to meet ambitious but realistic sales targets.
• Proficient written and verbal English language skills are required.
• Tenacity and self-motivation inspired by success, enthusiasm, drive, and initiative directed towards sales growth and geographic expansion of the territory.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a territory of similar size and scope.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels to foster collaborative partnerships with regional dental associations in the territory while maintaining a high level of integrity and professionalism.
• Ability to travel overnight 35% of the year (approx. 8 to 10 nights/month), which may include a weekend.
• Ability and willingness to drive approximately 35,000 miles per year.